Edward W. McIntyre is a recognized provider of dispute resolution services with nearly 40 years of legal experience. He has been directly involved with dispute resolution processes since 1985, including arbitration, case evaluation, conciliation and mediation. As a neutral, Mr. McIntyre has arbitrated or mediated more that 1,100 cases.
While a trail lawyer. Mr. McIntyre handled wrongful death, brain injury, spinal cord injury and other life-altering injury cases in the Superior Court and the United States District Court.
He has also represented parties in land disputes, commercial / landlord / tenant disagreements, premises liability cases, defective products, construction site accidents, business partnership breakups, fee arbitration, professional malpractice, trademark infringement, will contests, employment termination disputes, non-compete agreements, condominium owners' association conflicts and municipal grievances.
• 2008-McIntyre Mediation: Provider of Dispute Resolution Services
• 1987-2012: SOLO-PRACTITIONER Civil litigation in state and federal courts.
• 1982-92: SCHNEIDERS & MCINTYRE, Canton, Massachusetts. Civil litigation in Superior Court.
• 1983-87: MCGRAIL, MCQUOID, MCINTYRE & GIBBONS Civil litigation and criminal defense in Superior and District Courts.
• 1968-70: U.S. Military Service
• Executive Officer, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg
• Combat Rifle Platoon Leader, 173rd Airborne Brigade, Republic of South Vietnam
• Battalion Personnel Officer [S- 1], 173rd Airborne Brigade, Republic of South Vietnam
• Honorably Discharged, December 1970
• Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation, Director
• Massachusetts Trial Court Department’s Standing Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2010-16
• Supreme Judicial Court's Interest On Lawyers' Trust Accounts (IOLTA) 2012-15
• Supreme Judicial Court's Clients' Security Board; Chair, 1999-04
• Supreme Judicial Court's Pro Bono Standing Committee, 1999-09
• Board of Bar Overseers, Hearing Committee Member, 1999-16
• Massachusetts Bar Association, President, 2008
• Massachusetts Bar Foundation, Trustee, 2008-16; Louis D. Brandeis Life Fellow
• Worcester County Bar Association, President, 1998-99
• American Bar Association, 2001-12
• Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, 1982-98; Board of Governors, 1992-97
• Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1982-98
• Joint Bar Committee on Judicial Appointments,1997-98
• New England School of Law, Law Review, Cum Laude
• Assumption College, Master of Arts
• Saint Bonaventure University, Saint Bonaventure, New York, Bachelor of Arts
• SUPREME JUDICIAL COURT of Massachusetts, 1981
• U.S. DISTRICT COURT for Massachusetts, 1981
• U.S. COURT OF APPEALS, First Circuit, 1981
• Mediation Works, Inc., Boston, Massachusetts